Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Deadshift Chronicles #3

Welcome back to another issue of the deadshift chronicles (please note the sarcasm). Well, it's the last night shift of the month and for the time being as well. Not much happened these last couple of nights of any interest... the hotel is almost empty as it's not tourist season yet, although I believe that those in the higher circles are worried because they aren't raking in money as they did a decade ago.

The economic crisis is still something I keep a lazy eye on, although there isn't much to do, as one person can't make a difference in this society and with this culture that we live in. I'm not going to get into the politics of the issues of what's happening in Europe recently as any one who watches the news can say that things are getting more and more fucked up.

Going to be over a week till I have another driving practical as it is Easter holiday here in Spain. I'd really like to get my hands on a car and practice more. But every day it gets a bit more difficult. For now I'm trying to cut down on my hobbies until I can get enough of the practical lessons to be able to do and pass the exam which depends on how things go, might happen sometime at the end of April or mid-May. And depending if I have a job or not, (many of my friends say that since it will be tourist season again, that I will have a job,) I'm going to see if I can buy a car or not. Some of my friends have suggested buying a new car as it will be easier to handle, guarantee issues etc. Even my driving instructor said that it was a better idea to get a new car. But economy plays a lot as well, so it depends if I can afford new car or not. There will be more on that later.

I am a bit worried that I am getting more and more eco-wary. In other words, a bit hippy ¬¬ I'm blaming a very good friend of mine for this! But the thing is that I'm a bit more of radical, in-your-face kind of person, so mix that with something I strongly believe with and you have a good idea of what the result might be (some of it, you've gotten from my last entry). Well, somebody has to think straight or get the job done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment