Thursday, October 3, 2013

Untitled

The breeze made her hair dance to the sound of the waves
She looked she just walked out of a dream
The sun making it seem like she had fire in her hair
A mythical beauty to hard to believe
I looked at her mesmerized
She smiled at me
And said I shouldn't stare
It's not my fault that you're so pretty
She said that I was being silly
She got up and walked to the waves
With every step my heart fealt dizzy
Afraid that she'd just disappear into the sea
Like a mermaid, that she might be
I closed my eyes to stop my head from thinking
Only to be surprised by sand in my hair sinking
Her sweet laughter was like music to my ears
Except that I had sand crawling down my face as if they were tears
Not the first time she played this trick on me
Don't think it will be the last time either
So I get up and chase her as she gets near
And she runs into the sea trying to get away from me
But the sea's on my side and a wave pushes her to me
I hold her in my arms and draw her near
And as she drowns herself in my eyes
I'm transfixed
By her lips
I kiss her and close my eyes
She draws me in as our bodies meet
A huge wave comes and wakes me from this dream
Only to find myself awake beside her
Sleeping with a smile on her face
As if sensing my look
She puts her arm around me
And I close my eyes to enjoy reality

No comments:

Post a Comment