Monday, July 15, 2013

Heart of A Traveller - Scotland.

After working so many days together, finally have some days off. Although I'd love to go somewhere, I have so many things to do that these four days, I'm most likely to stay close to home.

Since I can't travel anywhere, the television has decided to take me sightseeing for the future. As usual there was nothing good on television, until a documentary started about Scotland - Scotland Revealed. It's a nice documentary about Scotland where they give you just enough information so that you know what they are talking about but at the same time they keep enough information, making you want to go there. It's presented by a geologist (note: one of my favourite subjects is geography), and apart from the history, she talks about the geography of the terrain as well. After seeing all the beautiful landscape and listening to the history, the only thing left to do is to actually go there!

And this year, I might just do that. I have a good friend who lives there. This way I can actually visit her and see one part of the world which I find very interesting.

[Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland]

I've always found history interesting and the rich, yet bloody, history of the English Isles is one of my favourites. This includes Scottish and Irish history as well. As many places in the world, with rich history, Scotland is no exception. Full of castles, lochs, mountains, history and nature... it just moved into one of the places that I have to go to (if you're wondering which other places are, you have a small list on the bottom left ;) ).

There are so many places in Scotland that I'd like to go to, that I don't think I'll be able to see them all in one stay. I just hope I don't forget my camera...
... at this very moment, that I'm writing this - I'm watching the documentary and Scotland just moved up to the second place that I most want to visit. Going to have to make a list with my friend of places to see!!! Can't wait >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment